The two Japanese films chosen this year are:
- Fireworks, a much-awaited, wonderfully-animated feature by director Akiyuki Shinbo;
- Laughing Under the Clouds, the thrilling, martial arts-heavy, and history-light story of three brothers during the Meiji Restoration.
Please carefully review the following information:
- Please make sure to keep your ticket after entering the movie theater; we will need to collect them before you leave the venue after the movie. This step is crucial in ensuring that we can keep subsidizing tickets for future JETAA Q/A Fantasia movie outings, so please do not forget to provide your ticket stub to the JETAA Q/A representative before you leave the venue!
- After the screening, we will take a group picture with all attendees to commemorate the moment and document the event on the JETAA website and/or Facebook page, so please be sure to stay with the group when exiting the venue. If you have any issues with being in said group (or other) photo(s), please tell us in advance.
Concordia University SGWU Auditorium – 1455 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O, Montréal, QC H3G 1M8, Canada
Dates & Times
- Fireworks – July 22, 12:00 (noon)
- Laughing Under the Clouds – July 28, 14:05
Please meet us at the VIP line inside the SGWU Auditorium at Concordia University (Henry F. Hall Building, 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.) at least forty minutes in advance to guarantee VIP seating.
New JETs and alumni: 5$ per movie ticket (50% off!)
For the purposes of this event, JET alternate candidates are taken to be part of the 'new JETs' category and have access to our discounted tickets.
JSAA Q/A members and non-members/plus-ones: 11$
To collect participants’ contribution towards their movie tickets, JETAA Q/A uses an online payment system. You need only use the button below to prepay and register. And you can pay using any of a number of accepted credit cards!
Note: Please register by or before 17:00, Tuesday, July 17, 2018 (places may be limited, and will be allocated on a first-registered, first-served basis).
- First, select the appropriate option (new JET/alumnum and/or JSAA Q/A member/non-member; Fireworks, Laughing Under the Clouds, or both movies). New JETs, alumni, or JSAA Q/A members who are together should pay separately (though they may of course use the same payment method for the two transactions). The ‘One JSAA Q/A member or one non-member’ options can be used several times to register more than one plus-one/friend/non-member. We apologise for the clunkiness of these multiple consecutive payments; it has to do with PayPal and inventory management.
- Second, please indicate the full name of the new JET, alumnum, or JSAA Q/A member in the text field.
- Third, click on the button and follow the prompts.
Done! We hope you find this experience satisfying, but please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any comment or question.